Thursday, September 13, 2012



Recently, I traveled to Washington DC for Direct Selling Association board meetings , a women's leadership retreat and to meet legislators on Capitol Hill.  It was a terrific, busy event and I loved every minute of it!   It reminded me of the importance of replenishing your energy and spirit.  One way I am replenished, is when I am around other DSA executives.  They are passionate about this industry and their sales field just like I am!  Their positive, passionate spirit inspires me. I always learn something to share with our company, and often, it is a small idea or comment that I bring back to brainstorm, which we all benefit from.

I believe you too, need to replenish your spirit. Life gets busy, so sometimes we don't take time to replenish ourselves or don't see the value in it.  Replenishing yourself isn't hard, it just takes time and planning. Replenishment for me comes in a variety of avenues. I can feel replenished by spending time on vacation with my family, by having a me day at the spa , by attending the Team National conventions, by doing something I love like riding my bike or even walking my dogs. There are all sorts of ways to get inspired and get replenished.

I find replenishment is essential to my overall joy.  I don't always realize how much I need it until I do it. Last weekend, I swam in the pool with my daughter for two hours playing games, and in imaginative play. Wow, I enjoyed it. I didn't realize how much I needed the outdoor play time.  I find when I am replenished, I have more energy.  More energy gives me the ability to do more and be more.  My time in DC was busy, busy, busy.  We started at 8:00 a.m. and went until 10:00 p.m.  Yet, I wasn't tired.  I was energized.

My time meeting with Congressmen, Congresswomen and Policy Directors was exciting and energizing, even though our schedule was busy.  We were able to share wonderful stories of our direct sellers and how their small businesses make a difference in the US economy. It was a terrific experience! I was grateful to participate and contribute on the industry's behalf.  I encourage you to look for ways to replenish yourself.  Look to participate in things you enjoy, ways you can contribute and ways you can be part of something you love for greater happiness.

Start brainstorming ideas and planning for replenishment, and you too will experience joy!